There is nothing better than seeing a child discover the joy of reading. These beautifully illustrated Little Learner books enable children to read using their new knowledge of letters and sounds to decode text. They are carefully sequenced in 7 stages. Each stage is expertly levelled to support children as they move through the stages of learning to read.
Stage 4 books introduces and practises 5 more letters and sounds - j u k x w. Each stage has a small number of Heart words - that is high frequency words that children cannot decode at this stage and need to learn by heart. Later these words won't be Heart words.
Heart words: of are too for her
Stage 4 stories:
16. At the fun run: Mum and Pip are at the fun run. What happened? Did they win?
17. Mud: Mum, Dad, Pip and tim are having a picnic when a bug hops on their rug.
18. In the log hut: Pip and Tim build a log hut. They put in a rug and enjoy a picnic together.
19. On the bus: Mum works at the local vet. She goes to work on the bus. Mum looks after a dog and her six pups.
20. The big red box: The postman delivers a big red box addressed to their Dad. Pip and Tim want to know to know what is inside. What is inside this big red box?